DIVISION RB AMENDED PROCEDURES
IN RE: MITIGATING MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Pursuant to Supreme Court and Local Administrative Order, AOSC20-12, AOSC 20-13, and AO 12.510-03/2020., all non-essential proceedings are hereby suspended for in-person appearances.
Pre-Trial Conferences set through May 1, 2020 are Suspended and will be Reset
Please file ALL proposed orders via OLS do not send in paper copies
For all non-evidentiary Special Set and UMC Hearings: hearings must be conducted telephonically. All relevant papers must be filed in advance of the hearing. If a paper does not yet appear on the docket, please email a courtesy copy to CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance. Please do not mail hard copies at this time.
BEGINNING APRIL 13, 2020 THE COURT WILL BE CONDUCTING ALL SPECIAL SET AND UMC HEARINGS TELEPHONICALLY USING ZOOM.
- Zoom Phone Conference lines:1(253)215-8782 or (877)853-5257(toll free)
- Enter the Meeting Id: 576-115-4647
- There are no Participant numbers just hit the # key
- Enter the Password: 104441 and hit the # key and you will join the meeting
The Moving party shall be responsible for notifying all parties of the conferencing information in the Notice of Hearing.
UMC hearings can be cancelled in OLS without court approval. Special Set hearings can be cancelled by Court Order, proposed orders must be submitted via OLS, with the motion to cancel or reset submitted as an attachment, as this will expedite the process.
- For evidentiary hearings and trials: If the parties wish to appear by video conference please contact the Court's Judicial Assistant Yvette Deas at CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org, Before the hearing and/or trial can go forward, the parties are requested to stipulate to the admissibility of evidence to the greatest extent possible. All parties must exchange evidence no later than forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the hearing/trial (if not already exchanged pursuant to the pre-trial order), and email a courtesy copy to CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org. Any party objecting to the admission of evidence shall file their specific objections and basis for same and send a courtesy copy to CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org.
Any party calling a live witness shall ensure the witness can be connected through the same telephone or video conference. Similarly, any party ordering a court reporter shall ensure the court reporter can be connected through the same telephone or video conference.
Pursuant to Florida Supreme Court Administrative Order, "all rules of procedure, court orders, and opinions applicable to remote testimony, depositions, and other legal testimony, … that can be read to limit or prohibit the use of audio-video communications equipment to administer oaths remotely…, are hereby suspended" through March 27 or until further order.
- Note: Most filings take up to three (3) days to appear on the docket. If you do not see your filing on the docket in time for a hearing, please send a courtesy copy to the Division at CAD-DivisionRB@pbcgov.org .
Pro Se litigants that have access to email are encouraged to fill out and file with the Clerk an email designation form. This will allow the Court to submit orders to the parties via email instead of sending in the U.S. Postal Service which will greatly reduce the time for the parties' communication with each other and the Court. Please see www.mypalmbeachclerk.com for instructions.