|2020 Trial Docket Schedule|
|2021 Trial Docket Schedule|
Judge Small is conducting non-essential court events, remotely. Persons who are interested in listening to the court events may contact the Court’s Public Information Office, Debra Oats, at 561-355-4495 or 561-644-0054 to obtain an access line.
All courthouse buildings remain open. Mediations will be held remotely Monday through Friday. On the following Fridays, all court hearings are suspended with the exception of: first appearances at the Gun Club Criminal Justice Complex, juvenile detention and shelter hearings at the Main Courthouse, walk-in/emergency Baker Act and Marchman Act hearings at the South, North and Main Courthouses, and any other emergency or time sensitive hearing as specially set by any judge at any courthouse. Those Fridays are: March 27, 2020, April 3, 2020, April 10, 2020 (Court Holiday—Baker/Marchman walk-ins and Juvenile hearings will be held at Gun Club), April 17, 2020, April 24, 2020 and May 1, 2020.
DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIVISION AH
IN RE: MITIGATING MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 TO EASILY ENABLE TELEPHONIC OR VIDEO HEARINGS, OR RULINGS SOLELY ON THE PAPERS
The following shall be implemented in Division AH pursuant to Administrative Order No.: 12.510-03/2020.4*
- Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, with the exception of hearings set on Fridays, as set forth in the Administrative Order, all scheduled hearings in Division AH will remain pending. Absent a stipulation, parties may move to reschedule the hearing, and the Court will promptly consider the request. (A copy of all such requests should be sent to CAD-DivisionAH@pbcgov.org or by submission of an agreed order through the Online Scheduling Application on the 15thcircuit.com.)
- During the duration of Administrative Order No.: 12.510-03/2020.4*, all Uniform Motion Calendar hearings will be conducted via Zoom. The Zoom link is available when the hearing is set online so that it can be added to the Notice of Hearing. Special Set hearings can be conducted by Zoom accessing the link at the time the hearing is set online or by using any telephone conference providers including Court Call (888-882-6878), CourtScribes (833-727-4237 ext 3), and Visual Evidence (561-655-2855), but parties are free to seek out other vendors or utilize their own conference call provider if they have one. If using a teleconference provider that does not automatically provide a dial-in number, the parties shall send an email to CAD-DivisionAH@pbcgov.org including the number and passcode that the Court will use to initiate the call at the time of the hearing 72 hours prior to the hearing time. This requirement applies to pro se litigants as well as attorneys.
- All papers upon which the parties intend to rely for their scheduled hearings must be filed with the court in advance of the hearing. If the papers do not appear on the docket, the parties must submit all documents which they intend to reference during the hearing in advance through E-Courtesy on the 15thcircuit.com. Hard copies of documents, binders, etc., will not be accepted by this office until further notice.
- For evidentiary hearings and non-jury trials, the parties should stipulate to the admissibility of evidence for which the admissibility is not reasonably contested. The parties shall provide copies of all intended exhibits, evidence or demonstratives to the Court five (5) days in advance through E-Courtesy on the 15thcircuit.com.
- If witnesses will be called to give testimony, the Court requires that such appearances be pre-arranged with a teleconference provider as in paragraph 2 above or via video with an appropriate provider. Per Justice Canady’s Administrative Order (3-13-2020), all rules of procedure, court orders and opinions applicable to court procedure that limit or prohibit the use of communication equipment for conducting proceedings by electronic means are suspended from the March 13-27, 2020. Moreover, this A.O.’s time period may be extended by Justice Canady.
- To the extent possible, court reporters will also utilize a teleconference or video conference provider to cover hearings/non-jury trials. The Court will administer the oath, or oaths are to be administered in accord with Justice Canady’s A.O.
- The parties are encouraged to submit any motions to the Court that they mutually agree the Court may address based solely upon the papers and thereby waive oral argument.
- Any motions to assist fair, timely, effective and efficient efforts suggesting procedures to use to address necessary issues for your respective cases during the current outbreak are strongly encouraged by the Court. It is the intention of the Court to enable and facilitate telephone or video hearings in a practical manner or to allow rulings on the papers when acceptable to the parties. Above all, though, the Court wishes to provide for the administration of justice without risking anyone’s safety.
Submission of Orders
Beginning immediately all Orders for Division AH are to be submitted in Word format through the Online Scheduling System following the hearing not before. Please review the procedures for submitting orders for UMC and special set hearings in the Divisional Instructions.
The Order to be submitted for UMC or special set hearings: 1) prepared on the computers in the Courtroom following the hearing; or 2) be prepared and submitted following the hearing.
Beginning with the March 20, 2015 calendar call, there will no longer be a physical calendar call for division AH. The trial docket will be posted on this webpage on the Trial Calendar page on the morning of the day of E-Calendar Call.
Per the Order Setting Trial, all notices of unavailability/conflict (pre-paid vacation/special set trial settings only) must be filed and provided to the Court at the Divisional email address (CAD-DivisionAH@ pbcgov.org) ten (10) days prior to E-Calendar Call to be considered in setting matters on the docket.
Division AH - Scheduling Uniform Motion Calendar
Uniform Motion Calendar hearings are now being set online. If you have not set your Uniform Motion Calendar hearing online, it may not be heard. Please go online and add your hearing to the list. If the calendar is closed, you will need to coordinate a different hearing date.
As always, please provide a hardcopy of the notice of hearing and the motion to be heard with any documents the Court needs to review prior to the hearing.
All UMC and Special Set Hearings for Division AH are set online only.