Important Notice Regarding Hearings in Division B
RE: Zoom hearings in Division B - updated July 18, 2022
Zoom will no longer be available. Parties must appear in person at the Main Branch Courthouse in courtroom 2E.
In compliance with the Florida Supreme Court’s November 1, 2019 Administrative Order (AOSC 19-74), all orders shall be signed electronically by the court. County Court Criminal Division B does not accept hard copies or emailed copies of Orders. Please submit your proposed orders and supporting documents using the online scheduling system for the Judge to review. All Orders for Division B must be submitted in Word format through Online Scheduling System following the hearing. When submitting an order, remove all special formatting (i.e. paragraph tabs, macros and columns).
The following guidelines govern this Division. They are intended to give a reliable framework for cases in this Division.
- Adding cases to the Court's docket - parties may add any hearing, requiring 15 minutes or less, to the Court's Docket on any Monday or Friday at 9:00 AM. Parties do not need prior approval from the judicial assistant - simply file a Notice of Hearing.
- "Short Motions" (15 minutes or less) - may be set on Mondays or Fridays at 9:00 am without approval from the judicial assistant
- "Long Motions" (30 minutes or more) - must be set through the judicial assistant by contacting CAD-DivisionB@pbcgov.org
- All Pretrial Motions must be filed and heard prior to the Pretrial hearing.
Pretrials are generally held on Mondays and Fridays at 9:00 am. Defendants must be present at Pretrial.
- Trials will be set on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am.
- The priority for trying cases is:
- speedy trial not waived, defendant in custody;
- speedy trial not waived, defendant not in custody;
- oldest case, defendant in custody;
- oldest case, defendant not in custody.
- To allow trials to begin as early as possible, attorneys will not place matters on the court's docket for any days other than Monday or Friday without the Court's permission. Next day returns will be heard as necessary during the week.
- All Petitions to Seal/Expunge requiring a hearing may be set on a Monday or Friday at 9:00 am.